Chapel Street

Old Chapel
Blackburn

Reference Number:- Darby Number:- Godden Number:-
sb 508 429 395
 

 

Silk bookmark with multiple history of the Old Chapel and New Chapel, Chapel Street, Blackburn, and names of past Ministers
 

Words:

 
  CHAPEL STREET
OLD CHAPEL
BLACKBURN
Founded 1778  Enlarged 1811
Destroyed by Fire Jan 10, 1872.

 
 

{image of Old Chapel}

 
Ministers
DATE OF SETTLEMENT.
Rev. Jas McQuahae,
Rev. Jos Fletcher, DD.
Rev. Luke Forster,
Rev. Thos Parry,
Rev. Alex Fraser, MA.
Rev. Jas McEwanStott, MA.
1777
1807
1825
1834
1841
1866
 
  HITHERTO HATH THE LORD HELPED US
1 SAMUEL VII, 12.

NEW
CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH

 
 
 

{image of new church
with spire}

 

 Memorial Stone
laid by
Mrs, Hy Shaw, April 11th, 1873
Opened by the
Rev. A. Raleigh DD. June 25th, 1874

"THE GLORY OF
THE LATTER HOUSE
SHALL BE GREATER
THAN OF THE
FORMER"
HAGGAI
II 9

 

Size of Silk:
25.0cm long by 5.3cm wide
Alternative back-ground colours:
 
Comments:

Signed: "T.STEVENS. COVENTRY." on back at pointed end

Stevens logo reverse pointed end of this bookmark
Stevens logo on the reverse pointed end of this bookmark

 



Back to List of Bookmarks
Back to Stevengraphs

This page was created on 16 November 2008
small coloured version added 10 May 2016. New improved image added 4 April 2017 © Peter Daws
Web site address: www.stevengraph-silks.com