||recorded without number
|Woven on silk:-|
| ||B.W.A. Ltd|
Woven in silk
|Printed at bottom of card mount:-|
Legend printed on inside cover of card mount:-
Seen through a mullioned window of the old castle is the ancient Parish Church of St. Michael, the Guildhall, Ye Olde Castle Inn and the old town well as they appeared in Stuart times.
The old castle, the last remains of which were removed in 1933, stood in what is now Backwallgate. The earliest reference to a building on this site is 1260, and it is known to have been the princely residence of Humphrey Stafford, Duke of Buckingham, who was slain at Northampton in the Wars of the Roses in 1460.
cm deep by cm wide
16.7 cm high by 11.2 cm wide
Technical Details supplied by Lewis Cowen:
|First Sketch: |
|Mr Cyril Holland|
Miss M Hine
|Design Draft:||Mr Wm Hine|
|Card Cutter:||Mr William Stubbs|
|Weavers:||Mr Charles Broadhead|
Mrs Annie Lowndes
by Lewis Cowen:
1961 saw the production of OLD MACCLESFIELD, featuring the old castle, the last remains of which were removed in 1933.