The Kings School
The image of this silk was very kindly donated by Mary Brittan, UK.
|Woven on silk:-
|| || ||
|WOVEN IN SILK 1991||
|Printed at bottom of card mount:-
|| || ||
THE KINGS SCHOOL
Legend printed on separate paper accompanying silk:-
The Kings School in Macclesfield was founded in 1502 by Sir John Percyvale as a 'free grammer school, teaching there gentlemen's sons of town and country thereabouts'. The school was given its Royal Charter in 1552. It moved to its present site in 1855. Over the centuries numerous old boys joined the company and helped expand silk weaving and printing for which the town became famous.
cm deep by cm wide
11.2 cm high by 18.2 cm wide
Technical Details supplied by Lewis Cowen:
|First Sketch: ||Mr Stephen Clayton|
|Design Draft:||Walbank and Parkin Ltd|
|Card Cutter:||Walbank and Parkin Ltd|
|Weaving:||Mrs Marlene Lawson|
by Lewis Cowen:
We come now to the 1991 issue - THE KINGS SCHOOL, which was the penultimate woven picture. Although the majority of collectors regard it as the final one, it was followed by The Pandas in 1992.
This page was created on 8 March 2003
new image added 4 September 2008 © Peter Daws
Web site address: www.stevengraph-silks.com